100% of our livelihood depends on our cattle’s livelihood, and from conception to birth to finishing we give each animal the individual attention and care it deserves. We know this careful management approach to each animal sets our brand apart. We own 100% of our animals, 100% of the time from birth through harvest. We take extraordinary pride in providing the animals in our care with a relaxed environment, with strict oversight of their health, nutrition and comfort while in our care. We believe that the key to a truly great beef experience begins with the calf, and we built our South Texas operation from the ground up with that in mind.
Our Code of Ethics is an animal first policy. This philosophy culminates in all of our Dean and Peeler products being granted the prestigious label of USDA Certified Responsibly Raised. Our animal first approach encompasses:
- All employees are Beef Quality Assurance (BQA) Certified annually
- Mandatory annual Stockmanship Training to improve animal husbandry skills
- Humane Animal Handling Practices, with facilities designed for animal comfort
- Animals receive a 100% vegetarian diet that is specifically formulated to provide optimal nutrition in each stage of their life
- Animals receive immediate and appropriate medical care when necessary